USMLE Forums banner

Anyone Tried out picmonic?

Tags
picmonic-
12K views 19 replies 20 participants last post by  nitko 
#1 ·
a website that uses pictorial mnemonics. Its been great so far for me especially for those intricate details of Micro and Biochem.

#3 ·
Picmonic helped me in Micro and Biochem as well. It's nice because it integrates information straight from UWORLD and FA into its slides. People also post additional information for a more comprehensive detailed review. For approx. $25/month I highly recommend. But if you are closing in on the exam, don't even bother with it.

#5 ·
I love Picmonic. It's a good break from rote memorization/studying. I may get a discount code for it soon; if so, I'll definitely post it here. It's especially good for bugs and drugs

Sort of related, but I think USMLE Rx is a really good studying tool too, for questions. It expires today, but if you want to get the 1-year subscription to the Step 1 Qmax question bank for $129 (normally $249), use the code DOWNQMAX1 at checkout.

#12 ·
Buy only if you are THAT desperate :D

Have been using picmonic for the past couple o weeks. I think some of the stuff they have is really helpful for improving recall especially pharm and biochem, but regretfully the majority of the things are not very good. The anatomy and physio picmonics especially are really lame. :p For micro, sketchy and MRS are far better.

Use it ONLY IF you are a really desperate visual learner and nothing else is working out for you.:))

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.