USMLE Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there, I have a simple question;

I am an IMG, and I want to take USMLE exam for the first time... so I have to request a USMLE Identification Number... the problem is that my first name contains an apostrphe as it is written in the passport and all my documents (Ra'ed), and the site indicated that you should:

"Use Latin characters only.
This means you must use only the 26 Latin characters of the English language. ECFMG will not accept any non-Latin characters even though your personal computer may allow you to enter other characters."

Has anybody with an apostrophe in his name registered for USMLE ID? Please tell me if it is possible to write the name with the apostrophe and if it is possible, are you sure it won't make trouble at the day of exam..

Thanks...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks... but if I write it without apostrophe, it will be different from the name in passport and certificate, so if there is anybody whose name contains an apostrophe, please tell me what you did for the name...

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Call them

I know a friend who's name is Sa'ad and he wrote his name as such and he did not have problems with the ECFMG. But that was 3 years ago. I suggest you give them a call.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts