USMLE Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first of all...this is the best site I've ever come across regarding info on USMLE....awesome work guys...god bless u all

my question is:
I wanna go for 2013 match but I won't be able to start with my step 1 before Oct. 2011 and I need to save time for step2 ck...need at least 4 months to prepare for it. and then step 2 ck before the end of July 2012 (which is the time u start sending applications right?)

So I was wondering can I apply for step 1 and 2 ck together but with different eligibility periods?
it will save me from some headache of filing 2 times...
and yes...when should I apply for step 2 CS after that...since ppl tell me to apply well in advance as it takes time...i wanna finish it before July 2012..

thanks

·
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
753 Posts
You don't need to resubmit your papers with the next exam. Once you have a valid form 186 in file you can then take exams without resubmitting papers and your medical school won't be involved.

As for your other question;

Match 2013 starts in September 2012.

It's better that you are ECFMG certified by September 2012.

To be ECFMG certified you need to pass Step 1, CK and CS.

If you take CS as the last one then you should at least take it in early June because the CS results sometimes takes up to 2.5 months.

If you take CK or Step 1 as the last exam then you should take it at least late July because the results take 3 to 4 weeks before they are out.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx a lot...so that's good news for me...cos I'll try and complete the steps by may 2012...and then maybe till Sept 2012 I can go for some USCE...I can do that rite?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts