USMLE Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I want to take up step 3 in december. but the FSMB website shows that sept 2 was the last date for receiving the appliaction. what do i do now?

will it again open in the month of october?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Im in the same shoes as you

I too intend to sit for the test by December and I've had many communications with the FSMB in that regard.
In conclusion, the applications for the 2012 cycle starts in late September early October. You may apply then and once your application is processed, you will be issued a scheduling permit with eligibility period of 14 weeks and you could sit for the test as soon as November 2011! :D I hope that helps. Good luck

·
Registered
30 Posts
Exactly!

Hi,
I want to take up step 3 in december. but the FSMB website shows that sept 2 was the last date for receiving the appliaction. what do i do now?

will it again open in the month of october?
Drothman who replied to your question first is ABSOLUTELY 100% correct. That September deadline was for the 2011 application materials.

2012 materials are due out at end of September/early October. Earliest permit period you can get from the new application would be from Nov-Jan. :D

Reactions: 7802

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes, apply

The 2012 cycle for the step 3 has started since Sep 15 2011. Use the links provided on the FSMB website to reach the application material but make sure that these application say 2012 in the headline. All the best to those of you applying to the step 3 before the match. I wish us all the best of luck Happy-2

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hmmm

They updated that statement just today actually but the application material for the 2012 cycle has been updated since Sep 15th. :) Maybe it means they wont process any application before October 1st but there is no objection to applying today since we're using the 2012 application material :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.