USMLE Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if an applicant (Non-US IMG) has a Step 1 >255 would it still be considered appropriate to apply without CK just to hit the Sept 15 opening date? Or would it be preferable to apply late (mid-Oct)?

Also do programs recheck your submission if you upload your CK at a later date? Or when you are filtered for not having CK is it over for that program?


Thank you for the input
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
271 Posts
It would be a gamble to start applying to programs without your CK score in hand. In general, programs want to see you have your tests done and not having your CK will definitely be a deterrent.

Once you have applied to a program, they do not often recheck applications to see if any changes were made. However, applying later will limit the programs looking at you as they will already be starting interviews by the time you are applying.

Do you have your CS done? If not, when would you have it scheduled by?

-Olivia
Match A Resident Support
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
I was in similar position last year and applied to programs without step 2 ck and got one interview during december. Met a guy during my interview who applied late in Nov and got 10 interview calls, I feel waiting till your CK result is better option for you..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
395 Posts
What about the need to have credential evaluation and ECFMG certification at the time of application?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
hi i have the same issue here, I only have CK left to be done. however, there's no way i can get the score before sept 15 because my exam date is set for oct 2 now..
Should I wait till ck results to come out or apply without ck score on sept 15...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Unless you are AMG I know a lot of AMG who are going to take ck and cs on Sep but as IMG you'd better have it before Sep 15th
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
hey guys. I am expecting my CK score on Sept 16.

Do you think it would be best to apply on the 15th and wait for the score to be updated. Or apply on the 16th?

Also, many programs require ECFMG Certificate at the time of application. Would it be better to wait until I get the certificate in October to apply to these programs?

Thanks in advance for your help.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top