USMLE Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I finished my step1 on 30th April. I am thinking of giving Step2 CS on last week of June and Step 2CK in October. But i will have to apply only with Step 1 and Step 2 Cs results.

Credentials : Fresh IMG , elective in good hospital for a month, 1 US LOR.
What do you think are my chances to match in pediatrics with this package.

Or Should i apply next year with ECFMG certification and Step 3 with some more USCE.

Note : No contacts in US.

Any advice is appreciated !

Regards
Aqua

·
Registered
27 Posts
I would suggest apply next year, by the time you get your ecfmg certificate and ck result, most interviews will have gone out by than and you'll have a very slim chance if at all for getting one and matching. But at the end of the day luck matters a lot as well, so don't just rely on what I just decide for yourself look up how many ppl succeeded in getting IV's without having a complete profile. Good luck!

·
Registered
27 Posts
No you don't need it, but when u do have it, it shows the program your complete profile and the fact that your ready for matching as well. With my personal experience I had two interviews before I got ecfmg certified mid October last yr and got like 8 more after.. So it worked out for me..

·
Banned
1,106 Posts
No you don't need it, but when u do have it, it shows the program your complete profile and the fact that your ready for matching as well. With my personal experience I had two interviews before I got ecfmg certified mid October last yr and got like 8 more after.. So it worked out for me..
what are your scores, what you matched in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts