USMLE Forums banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
Hello Everyone!

Lets all gather here for preparation and discussion for doubts in Step 3.
I Started with mtb 2 and mtb 3 along with ck notes. Please feel free to join and give your inputs and lets all help each other :)

Good Luck!!
It is a great idea! Count me in! my exam is in the beginning of May. Done with Uworld already. I want to go one more time through Uworld and MTB 3 doing the CCS cases at the same time.
Also I have to take assessment exam, may be next week, to figure out where I am.
By the way, is there any other assessment exam except Uworld's?

· Registered
369 Posts
Hello Everyone!

Lets all gather here for preparation and discussion for doubts in Step 3.
I Started with mtb 2 and mtb 3 along with ck notes. Please feel free to join and give your inputs and lets all help each other :)

Good Luck!!
Good that you made this thread

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is a great idea! Count me in! my exam is in the beginning of May. Done with Uworld already. I want to go one more time through Uworld and MTB 3 doing the CCS cases at the same time.
Also I have to take assessment exam, may be next week, to figure out where I am.
By the way, is there any other assessment exam except Uworld's?
Good luck for self assessment and let us know! :) Apart from that I guess NBME for step 3 are the other assessments although I dont have nay idea about its co-relation to exam.
Did you use anything else for prep apart from mtb and uworld?

· Registered
118 Posts
Good luck for self assessment and let us know! :) Apart from that I guess NBME for step 3 are the other assessments although I dont have nay idea about its co-relation to exam.
Did you use anything else for prep apart from mtb and uworld?
I did Kaplan qbank before starting Uworld and MTB3. In my opinion it was low yield material. And I think it was pretty outdated as well. Now I really regret the time I spent for it.
Also I am reading Biostats by Lipincot. Although there are some irrelevant materials in it, I think the book is good. It is a pdf version.

· Registered
147 Posts
I am in. I did UWORLD random and timed and cumulative score is 61. finished mtb 3 and did UW assessment and got 213. Will revise again. any suggestions how that predict my outcome at this stage?

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am in. I did UWORLD random and timed and cumulative score is 61. finished mtb 3 and did UW assessment and got 213. Will revise again. any suggestions how that predict my outcome at this stage?
Thats a good score. At this point, I think you should focus more on your weak subjects. Probably solve biostats questions as it forms 15% of the exam now and perfect yourself in CCS as they make or break the deal!

· Registered
147 Posts
Thats a good score. At this point, I think you should focus more on your weak subjects. Probably solve biostats questions as it forms 15% of the exam now and perfect yourself in CCS as they make or break the deal!
Thanks Thind. I did CCS part very well and I don't think that I have issue with this. I am trying to do uworld again focusing on my weak parts. Do you recommend doing something else, like MTB2 or UW ck questions ?

· Registered
32 Posts
Hey Guys,

I have a quick question, I'm going to take step 3 in July-Aug. Since I took CK 5 yrs ago, I wonder if I should read Kaplan CK notes beside of the step 3 resources ( MTB 3, UW, Kaplan q bank) ?

What would you do ?

I'll really appreciate your help.

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Thind. I did CCS part very well and I don't think that I have issue with this. I am trying to do uworld again focusing on my weak parts. Do you recommend doing something else, like MTB2 or UW ck questions ?
I can suggest doing Mtb 2 for IM with ck notes. I feel like mtb3 is not enough and lack in certain topics.

· Registered
66 Posts
Taking step 3 in the first week of May. Using MTB 3 (reviewed once already) + my UW Step 2 CK notes + UW Step 3 (Qbank + CCS). UW Qbank avg = 76% first run. Plan to do it a second time while I review MTB 3 again and all my UW notes. Still need to hammer the CCS cases. Good luck to everyone

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.