USMLE Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys..
any body know...
are calculators allowed during the Step 1 exam??

if not... how do we do all the prevalence etc calculations??? :eek:

thnx

·
Registered
92 Posts
I believe they provide the calculators for you if i'm not mistaken.

You can always double check by calling the prometric centre nearest to you.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yes they are allowed. You don't need to call Prometric and check that. Just listen to the 15 mins tutorial and you will get all your questions answered regarding the format.

·
Registered
592 Posts
im sorry if this sound dumb but its a physical calculator?
or like the one provided in uworld?

if its a physical one oh my God will be awesome cause i suck at math, and use that calculator for all biostat stuff, and the one in uworld you easily mess up the clicking of numbers cause with the mouse is more time consuming.:eek:

·
Registered
100 Posts
That's a new one...

I'm sorry guys, but as far as I know (and have experienced) you are NOT allowed to enter ANYTHING to the prometrics room where your step 1 will take place. You have a digital calculator like the one in Uworld, Kaplan and other banks (not physical).

You are not allowed to enter pens, paper sheets or anything so they give you a locker, they provide you with a sheet and two pens (or markers) though, they are very strict.

And if they allowed any of you to enter any of that, then the prometrics rules vary from region to region or something.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Sometimes I wonder if people even bother trying to find out if a question had already been answered in the forum...
I put in "calculator" in the search function and immediately found about 5 threads that easily answered the question.
Yes, there will be a calculator in the exam, it will be implemented in the exam software just like the one you see it in USMLE world Qbank or Kaplan QBank. No physical calculators allowed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The real exam software is almost the same as kaplan qbank, even the same font, same lab values and the calculator.

I had to use calculator at least 4 times in my real exam. So dont worry about it.

U can even highlight the question in the exam

1 - 8 of 8 Posts