USMLE Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting with CK before taking step 1 and a friend of mine just told me that I can face questions in the exam strictly related to step 1,like purine metabolism & stuff like that,that I won't normally see in step 2 books,so is that true? & how often does that happen? & to what extent is it gonna affect my score,in other words,what's the percentage of those questions? & what do i do about those Qs?
thank you.

·
Registered
472 Posts
You can see any topic associated with medicine (purine metabolism as well) but the question will be purely CLINICAL; maybe a patient having an enzyme deficiency but the questions will be directed towards diagnosis, management and treatment rather than pathophysiology and inheritance patterns.

·
Registered
752 Posts
It's ideal to take Step 1 before Step 2 CK. Step 1 helps you build a wide base of information upon which Step 2 CK questions are presented.

However, if you have already applied for the exam, it's not a big deal. People have been taking CK before 1 for ages, and getting high scores. You'll find all you need to know in the notes and the Qbanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts