USMLE Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi friends,

I am IMG from aruba. My scores were great thru 1st and 2nd year (which really boost my confidence) but now as my self test scores are not, i am very scared.

nbme 16-202 (nov 2014)
uwsa 1-211 (dec 2014)
uwsa 2-219 (dec 2014)
nbme 15-207 (jan 2015)
nbme 7-202 (feb 2015)
nbme 11-224 (feb 2015)
---------------------------------finished DIT
nbme 12-220 (march 2015)
nbme 13-228 (march 2015)
usmle rx-240 (april 2015)
nbme 17-211 (april 2015)
usmle rx-248 (april 2015)
nbme 16-237 (april 2015)
FREE USMLE Q-74% (april 2015)
real deal- ???? (may 1 2015)

world avg is around 70%

i have seen so many people posting results that have correlation but not mine. i am nervous. anybody have any idea as to why my scores like this?

·
Registered
66 Posts
They actually look really consistent to me.

I don't know why NBME 17 was an outlier, but otherwise your scores have followed a nice upward trend and seem to hovering around the 235 mark. If you were tired/distracted/etc during 17, that would explain the score. Honestly, you've been so consistent otherwise that I wouldn't worry about it too much (ha - easier said than done, I know!).

Don't forget too that the standard error of difference for Step 1 scores is 8 points, and therefore 2 scores must differ by more than 16 points to be considered significantly different. That's why I basically ignore any minor variation; that only major one was 17 and I don't know why that happened. Thoughts?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you young doc. i didn't realize at the time of nbme 17, that i was so tired. after taking a few days off i was able to think more clearly.

i have been scared to use usmle rx to analyze my performance bc people say its so easy and it over estimates

after my step 1 i had no idea how it went bc i recalled 10 really silly mistakes. now i am slowly starting to forget if my experience was good or bad and that scares me. the waiting period for the score is just making me nervous. i am not sure if others have experienced this feeling.

thank you for your supporting words. i will surely post the outcome when the time comes!

·
Registered
66 Posts
thank you young doc. i didn't realize at the time of nbme 17, that i was so tired. after taking a few days off i was able to think more clearly.

i have been scared to use usmle rx to analyze my performance bc people say its so easy and it over estimates

after my step 1 i had no idea how it went bc i recalled 10 really silly mistakes. now i am slowly starting to forget if my experience was good or bad and that scares me. the waiting period for the score is just making me nervous. i am not sure if others have experienced this feeling.

thank you for your supporting words. i will surely post the outcome when the time comes!
No problem! Based on your assessments, my guess is you will score ~240 on the real deal.

Don't worry about remembering all the mistakes -- we all do that. In the end, we almost always score right where our assessments predicted. Looks like you're on track to a very good score :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts