USMLE Forums banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are waiting for your result for this reporting period,you can share your thought here. It's really a torturing wait .

·
Registered
270 Posts
Count me in. I gave my exam in Chicago. Worried about the ICE component and the CIS to some degree. Im worried about my DDs. For many of the cases i had just 2 and in two case just one. Im worried that i'l fail because i made a patient walk even though she had pain in her ankle. I saw doctors doing that during my rotation im US so i thought it was ok to make them walk :/ i have a feeling it will cost me dearly. Also during one of my encounters i used the otoscope to shine light into the patients eyes. the SP got a little pissed and said why are u pointing that pointy thing at me. :/ in one patient i forgot to councel about alcohol. And in pediatric case i actually mistook the daughters name as the mothers name although i did apologize profusely :/

·
Registered
229 Posts
!!!

Took the test on May 29th in Houston. Imagine having to wait all this time!!!

Reactions: irisiqi

·
Registered
270 Posts
I can totally imagine. Mine was may 28th! :(

·
Registered
229 Posts
yes i did. Mid-may.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I know you. I also took coaching . You dont have to worry. You were topper at our coaching. So pls dont.
Just b/c I did well in practice doesn't mean anything. It is a positive predictor but nothing more than that. I was very anxious and had a lot of mistakes. But either way, all I want is that "pass" haha...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Calm down guys! I passed with high performance in all three components. Here are my mistakes, hope many of you will feel better.
Ran short of time in ist case. Forgot to mention rectal exam to the patient as well as in the notes.
2nd case was okay. Though forgot to do pulses and JVP in the examination and it was pertinent
In one case had no clue what's wrong with the patient. He was rude In another case I kept on addressing the patient by wrong surname corrected in the end with horror.
Forgot to mention pertinent family history in one case
Forgot the name of medicine
Here and there forgot to mention some important stuff in the patient notes
Had 2 DDs in 3 cases
Two of the sp's asked me to repeat when they could not understand.
Comfortably passed with high performance in all 3 components.
This exam doesn't demand perfection. Just want to make sure that you have the basic clinical skills and mannerism. Best of luck! I know the wait is no less than a torture.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just b/c I did well in practice doesn't mean anything. It is a positive predictor but nothing more than that. I was very anxious and had a lot of mistakes. But either way, all I want is that "pass" haha...
Also took goldusmle, in NY tho. Gave the test in June and I know I made tons of mistakes...(fingers crossed

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yes.do u remember seeing the no.of pt notes u completed after finishing each pt note or at the end of exam stating that u completed typing all 12 pt notes?
I can't say that I did but at the same time I had to do a 13th case. They said there was an "error" with one of the cases. They wouldn't say anything else about this "error".

·
Registered
229 Posts
okay.i heard it happens sometimes to few people.
oh well. I hope it doesn't result in an "incomplete". I've read that some where on this forum.

·
Registered
229 Posts
oh well. I hope it doesn't result in an "incomplete". I've read that some where on this forum.
Don't know. Some people have mentioned this on the forum.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey i am not sure whether i enterd correct badge id or not in one patient note?is it possible that pt note cant be opened if we dont enter correct badge id?i was able to open pt note notes in all cases .does that mean that i entered correct badge id?pls reply.i m really worried
You are worrying without any reason. Unless you had not entered the correct badge ID, you would not be able to write notes. Just under too much stress you tend to forget things.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi Guys and Gals,

I did my exam in Philadelphia on July 10.
Am quite worried about the result. To begin with I forgot to wash hands in three stations. and then sent a patient in acute distress home b/c I did not look carefully at his VS.
Did OK in the other 9 stations. I just hope that I pass! Biggest worry is ICE.
I am trying to supress the memory of exam till Aug 12 and focus on CK for now.

·
Registered
395 Posts
2more weeks

Took the test on June 10th. Twisting fingers. Trying to concentrate on my CK preps! Good luck everyone ...

·
Registered
592 Posts
Hello, I did my CS at Philly on May 28th, have been trying to suppress and think of other things like work, truth is, if I dont pass I dont get my certification for this years match =/. So crossing my fingers and praying that is a pass, did mistakes like a normal person, but 3 close friends have failed so far (and they came out of the center very confident) and that even stresses me out even more. Nothing else to do than wait...
Ill be posting my mistakes when I get the score.
wish everyone here a PASS!!!Happy-2
hopefully we get our score in week and a half.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts