USMLE Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Sorry for the threatening title, but hopefully it will save you from any similar (mis)adventure...

I took Step 2 CK today. I had to take the test on my birthday of all days...because it was the only test date available for the month. Not too huge of a deal....but...I got to the test site this morning and was half way through the check in process when they pointed out to me that my drivers license expired TODAY!!!!! They decided that meant that as of 12 am this morning, it was no longer valid. (Insert the sound of my stomach dropping to the floor here.)

I knew that there is no test date available for the rest of the month for at least a 200 mile radius, so needless to say, I was a little panicked.

45 minutes and a $40 round trip taxi ride (to my apartment and back) and a few tears later, I was back at the testing site with my passport. I was still able to take my exam, but it was certainly more pre-test stress than I had even thought possible.

So, moral of the story is to make sure your license or identification has not expired by your test date. In my native land of Wisconsin, licenses are good for 10 years. In California, it's 5 years. I had no idea. Now I'll never forget :)

Good luck!!!

·
Registered
919 Posts
so sorry to hear tht.

pity u. i know EXACTLY how u feel. now because of the ID thingy, but i too cried my eyes out before my step 1 exam... :toosad:

but we all learn. least we lived n learned. thx for sharing this. now we'll know, ID MUST CHECK!!

hope u fare well anyways... keep us updated. :)

good luck.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Best of luck!

Hello All,

Sorry for the threatening title, but hopefully it will save you from any similar (mis)adventure...

I took Step 2 CK today. I had to take the test on my birthday of all days...because it was the only test date available for the month. Not too huge of a deal....but...I got to the test site this morning and was half way through the check in process when they pointed out to me that my drivers license expired TODAY!!!!! They decided that meant that as of 12 am this morning, it was no longer valid. (Insert the sound of my stomach dropping to the floor here.)

I knew that there is no test date available for the rest of the month for at least a 200 mile radius, so needless to say, I was a little panicked.

45 minutes and a $40 round trip taxi ride (to my apartment and back) and a few tears later, I was back at the testing site with my passport. I was still able to take my exam, but it was certainly more pre-test stress than I had even thought possible.

So, moral of the story is to make sure your license or identification has not expired by your test date. In my native land of Wisconsin, licenses are good for 10 years. In California, it's 5 years. I had no idea. Now I'll never forget :)

Good luck!!!
Best of luck. May you get a great score. Your post is really helpful for all of us who still have to take the test.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.