USMLE Forums banner

What is the best Residency Programs Search Listing Company?

• [URL=http://www.matcharesident.com]Match A Resident[/URL]

Votes: 27 67.5%
  • [URL=http://www.residencyplace.com]Residency Place[/URL]

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • [URL=http://www.infoimg.com]InfoIMG[/URL]

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • [URL=http://www.residency-match.com]Residency-Match[/URL]

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • [URL=http://www.img-interactive.com]IMG-Interactive[/URL]

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • [URL=https://www.imgprep.com/img-residency]IMGPrep iMatch Service[/URL]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [URL=http://www.step2match.com]Step2Match.com[/URL]

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A number of residency programs search companies have appeared in recent years. These commercial institutes help residency match applicants in finding the residency program that matches their criteria such IMG or AMG, USMLE scores, years after graduation, USCE, and other factors.

We ask you in this poll to vote for these companies if you have used any of them.

We also encourage you to post your replies and write your feedback about them. Such as the pricing, customer service, the completeness of the list, efficiency, ...etc.

We think that such a poll and thread can help prospective match applicants locate the right service for them and read reviews about them from previous customers.

If there are other companies not mentioned in the poll, please post your reply and we'll add them to the poll.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
MAR is excellent

I have used MatchAResident and their service seem to be OK.
It looks like they do update the program list all the time and their website has nice features such searching withing your list ...etc

I highly recommend them, specially if you are like me, going to apply to multiple specialties which means hundreds of programs and nobody on earth can have the time to research them all withing a short period of time.

I give them 9 out of 10. I just wish they reduce their price a little bit :redcheeks;

·
Vendor
271 Posts
Thank you

I have used MatchAResident and their service seem to be OK.
It looks like they do update the program list all the time and their website has nice features such searching withing your list ...etc

I highly recommend them, specially if you are like me, going to apply to multiple specialties which means hundreds of programs and nobody on earth can have the time to research them all withing a short period of time.

I give them 9 out of 10. I just wish they reduce their price a little bit :redcheeks;
Thank you for your support Aliana. Match A Resident takes the updates VERY seriously (3 phase update) and therefore that extreme effort in providing the most up-to-date infomation is expensive (we DO NOT take the easy route to use program websites because many of them are outdated). Saying that we always accomodate 10% discount to help you all (MAR2011 in August).

Our phone support is unique and un-comparable, and its free. Call us and ask us for details, after completing the phone call you can come back and rate our support and the level of understanding we offer on the whole process. Try us.

If you live around the northeastern Ohio area you are welcome to visit us in person.

Call and ask for Sam.

Thank you,

Match A Resident
http://www.matcharesident.com
(216)201-9696
77 Milford Dr. Suite 201
Hudson OH 44236

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Feedback about MAR

I used MatchAResident because obviously they are the most famous of all others.

I appreciate their efforts in trying to give us an updated lists. However, there are many short comings.

I purchased the neurology list and found out that several programs are having erroneous IMG percentages. Also, they should increase the details by which the list is generated, like by for example the length of time of USCE needed because I have one month and so I answered yes but then they listed for me programs that require 12 months of USCE!

Also some of the programs listed as IMG friendly simply because they don't mention anything about IMG in their website while in fact none of their residents is actually an IMG.

So dear MAR, I appreciate your efforts but please work harder and be more meticulous in selecting the programs for your rather expensive lists.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
MatchAResident Review

MatchAResident is seriously outdated and deficient in many lists. I compared the list I made manually with the list that they gave me and there are many discrepancies, there are program which they mentioned as IMG friendly while in fact they had not a single IMG in the last four years and on the other hand they missed several potential IMG friendly programs.

Don't waste your money with them. Do the task yourself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Residency Place

All these services are for IMGs only, this is why www.ResidencyPlace.com quick search does not have IMG/AMG differentiation.

I cannot stack rank services against each other. I used www.ResidencyPlace.com only and so far their list is quite accurate. I found discrepancies for one program out of 10 I checked. They updated it after I brought it up and provided the source of their information. Apparently program changed their criteria in between of their updates.

I had some questions in the beginning, especially about the IMG Friendliness Factor they assign to each program as it was unclear to me what it accounts for. They answered all my back-and-fouth questions within about an hour after I sent an e-mail. Did not try phone support as I had no need.

Again, happy so far.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
All these services are for IMGs only, this is why www.ResidencyPlace.com quick search does not have IMG/AMG differentiation.

I cannot stack rank services against each other. I used www.ResidencyPlace.com only and so far their list is quite accurate. I found discrepancies for one program out of 10 I checked. They updated it after I brought it up and provided the source of their information. Apparently program changed their criteria in between of their updates.

I had some questions in the beginning, especially about the IMG Friendliness Factor they assign to each program as it was unclear to me what it accounts for. They answered all my back-and-fouth questions within about an hour after I sent an e-mail. Did not try phone support as I had no need.

Again, happy so far.
It seems you are affiliated with Residency Place, Isn't it :eek:

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
My friends and I have tried both MAR and Residency Place and both of them have significant deficiencies and they are not fully aware of the really IMG friendly programs.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY with these two companies, I don't know about the others

·
Registered
4 Posts
My friends and I have tried both MAR and Residency Place and both of them have significant deficiencies and they are not fully aware of the really IMG friendly programs.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY with these two companies, I don't know about the others
Please share the things that are missing. Even though I already have a list, it would be very helpful to know what I might be unaware of.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It seems you are affiliated with Residency Place, Isn't it :eek:
I wonder what made you think so. If one can call a 30% discount I received at subscription (I subscribed during some campaign) an affiliation, this would be it.

I am still calling programs myself. I picked the ones from the list I am most interested in as well as a control group from the ones I do not qualify. I am not yet ready to share the sensitivity/specificity based on my study as it is still in progress, but I definitely will after I am done.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Don't take it personally

I wonder what made you think so. If one can call a 30% discount I received at subscription (I subscribed during some campaign) an affiliation, this would be it.

I am still calling programs myself. I picked the ones from the list I am most interested in as well as a control group from the ones I do not qualify. I am not yet ready to share the sensitivity/specificity based on my study as it is still in progress, but I definitely will after I am done.
You seemed to be very enthusiastic about it and adequately pointing to all the positive aspects of Residency Place in a marketing language without mentioning a single drawback. That's why I thought you are promoting them.
Anyway, please don't take it personal, we are just chatting here ;)

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
So now the poll is equal for both MatchAResident and Residency Place ... hmmm we need more votes to know which one of these is better :(

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
they are the same

Residency place gave me 68 programs list
Match A Resident gave me 64 programs list

Hmmm, it seem they are almost identical :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
You seemed to be very enthusiastic about it and adequately pointing to all the positive aspects of Residency Place in a marketing language without mentioning a single drawback. That's why I thought you are promoting them.
Anyway, please don't take it personal, we are just chatting here ;)
All positives? Not really. The drawback is that the list is not 100% accurate and one still has to call the programs to verify. If you got hundreds of programs on your list this might not matter. However, if you only have a few, a miss of a single program might make the whole world of difference.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
MAR is better

I compared the list from Residency Place and Match A Resident and I found that the latter is much more accurate.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
IMG Interactive

I tired IMG Interactive and they have very nice updated lists with lots of comments about each IMG friendly program, highly recommended

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just joined this community and don't participate much (occasional by-passer).
But all these posts are by newbies, they are services spamming the forum!

I wont vote either.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
I just joined this community and don't participate much (occasional by-passer).
But all these posts are by newbies, they are services spamming the forum!

I wont vote either.
How do we know that you are not a spammer, you are also a newbie! :p your username itself is looking very spammy :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts