USMLE Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
which one is the best classes for usmle step 1 preparation?
I saw polls which was done in around 2010 so its old now.
I got confused between Kaplan or usmle success academy.
thank you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
hi,
which one is the best classes for usmle step 1 preparation?
I saw polls which was done in around 2010 so its old now.
I got confused between Kaplan or usmle success academy.
thank you.
I saw the same thing. I just called them and basically, they are saying that their success rate is 98% vs lower than 50% with kaplan. But they recommend their online + live class for foreign grads.

I noticed their website is quite comprehensive. It even includes housing info.

I will be doing more research.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I saw the same thing. I just called them and basically, they are saying that their success rate is 98% vs lower than 50% with kaplan. But they recommend their online + live class for foreign grads.

I noticed their website is quite comprehensive. It even includes housing info.

I will be doing more research.
thank you.
can you inform me when you find something?
that would be great help to me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
So far, I am finding that everything points back to Kaplan for stability and consistency. I read about others like Falcon, pass and usmlesuccess but reviews seem suspiciously positive. Need to see objective, up to date and live feedback. Regardless of the program, I believe a lot of it boils down to the student.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello Toybul. I emailed you as you asked and I also wanted to reply here for everyone else curious about the USMLE Success Academy. Simply put, they are amazing. You can read my detailed reviews by clicking on my profile and looking for my previous posts. My school requires us to take Kaplan and I was not doing well with it at all. The material is very outdated and there is way to much information covered that isn't even related to the exam. I did a lot of research on the Success Academy before I chose to sign up with them and they are listed as the best with the highest pass rates and I can confirm that this is all true. I have friends that took their courses after I did and they had the same experience as me with similar exam results. Hope this helps! :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks, Maria. Can you provide some links that indicate current outcomes and reviews of usmlesuccess that you mentioned. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts