USMLE Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what's the best way to study immunology? I've been hearing a lot from people that have taken the exam recently that the immunology is very tough, is Kim Moscatello Kaplan and first aid enough or do we need to read something else? thanks

·
Registered
316 Posts
no need to waste tym on kim moscetallo... reading thoroughly kaplan and FA is wats enuff, i personally think kaplan has covered it very well and things left have been well filled up by FA

·
Registered
919 Posts
don't worry

immunology is not all that tough. but if u look at it like it is, then it may as well be. try to understand the first few chapters that are the core chapters. dont waste too much time memorizing what are ALL the cytokines released by every single type of white cell. just memorize n learn what are the main functions of each white cell. then FA n kaplan will highlight the most important cytokines released by these cells n what they do.

also understand the diff between chronic n acute inflammation reactions. this will help u in answering questions (ie, increased lymphocytes, or increased neutrophils, etc) which will lead u to clues about the disease, etc. tackle it slowly n calmly.

also memorize the hypersensitivity & autoimmune diseases. once u've done plenty of questions u will eventually remember the case presentation of the diseases. then it'll be all ok. the beginning is always tough but it gets easier. :) try again. good luck.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im watchn kim moscatello immuno vids i dont think there that bad, no where near as bad as her micro videos, she's a little slow but she gives a good over-all overview of everythin and then first aid makes its more specific

1 - 5 of 5 Posts