USMLE Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys ,plzzz i need ur input here:
i am going to start pharma next week ,but i am confused about sources .
i have got kaplan pharma ,pharma card and FA, whish combination is sufficient for step1 ,is there any benefit in pharma DVDs???

thanks aloooooooooooooooot in advance.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Best way to prepare for Pharmacology USMLE Step 1

Lionel Raymond vidoe lectures are the best lectures of Kaplan step1 course and you have to do it.
The pharmacology book of Kaplan is wonderful, specially the first two or three sections, you have to read them very carefully and understand the concept very well.
As lemontea said, if you do these books and lectures you'll answer most of the questions in your USMLE exam.
Pay attention to side effects and mechanism of actions, they all come in the exam.

Good luck

·
Registered
35 Posts
da dvd lectures are awesum although u l feel a bit sleepy with them bkz dr. raymond delivers at a slow pace..... unlyk dr. baronne of pathology who does lyk a train.... lolz

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank u soooo much guys ,BTW i posted in another forum same Q but NO answer,here the situation is diffrent u are awsome ,i got the honest answers in few minutes.

best of luck to u all
haloperidol8

·
Registered
6 Posts
confused

how come in other forums they say

fa is enough for pharm

i was using fa

and if i have time, maybe run through pics only of lipincott

cus the pics are best part

and maybe maybe lange pharma cards, which r top rating in fa

but i havnt actually used any of these as of yet, so jus going by

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
FA is not enough

how come in other forums they say fa is enough for pharm i was using fa and if i have time, maybe run through pics only of lipincott cus the pics are best part and maybe maybe lange pharma cards, which r top rating in fa but i havnt actually used any of these as of yet, so jus going by
What do you mean by other forums? If you mean SDN then don't listen to them because that forum is basically for medical students and american grads. FA is not enough for pharma. Listen to lemontea above. This guy got his score and it's 251 see his post here
http://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-step-1-forum/1776-my-step-1-experience.html

1 - 12 of 12 Posts