USMLE Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys.. i have one question.. i will apply for step 1 on June and until december my goal is to get rid of all 3 (step1, 2ck and cs).. if i finish in December i will not be able to match on March 2017 right? because there is no time for interviews... i was told this, dont know if i push to end everything this year or better in 2 years for 2018 match! HELP!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hello guys.. i have one question.. i will apply for step 1 on June and until december my goal is to get rid of all 3 (step1, 2ck and cs).. if i finish in December i will not be able to match on March 2017 right? because there is no time for interviews... i was told this, dont know if i push to end everything this year or better in 2 years for 2018 match! HELP!
Somebody who has already gone through the process would be a better candidate to answer you. However, as far as I know, you want to aim to have your applications submitted by November (before Thanksgiving). Some people swear it is critically important to submit your applications on day one, but there is no real evidence for it. In addition, if you are an IMG it will take time to get your ECFMG certificate. Without the certificate you will have an incomplete application which will harm your chances of getting interviews. Rushing the process will also most likely affect your scores negatively, further harming your chances of matching. Unless you are in a crazy rush, postpone it to 2018.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot! well i will do my best to get high scores and dont rush anything! in the meantime do you know if its a problem to stay inactive and just study until i get match? cause i heard some programms take that in account!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts