USMLE Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
I want to ask do you have any plan in reading the questions.
Sometimes I don't have time for the last questions
Maybe I spend so much time in reading questions that I should have read fast

·
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
753 Posts
Some tricks

The answer to this is that you do more and more blocks so that you train yourself for the best time management.

Few tricks:

• If you see a question that is so hard and difficult to answer, just answer it as quickly as you can and mark it. Do not spend time trying to solve the dilemma.
  • Try to mark out hints from the question stem. For example; 45 year old patient brought to the emergency department because his wife found him unconscious on the ground. He had never experience similar episodes in the past. She did not notice any abnormal movements or incontinence. Physical examination was normal. ..... The green words above you can mark them with the higlighter (left mouse click) so if you ever need to read the question again you just look at the major points and no need to spend time reading the connector sentences.
  • If you are doing 50 questions blocks then this is wrong because the current exam is 44 questions per block.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
As lee told you, the more questions you do the more you are familiar with timing.

One note here, if you are in the beginning of your CK preparation then it's absolutely normal to miss out few questions from the end of the block.

Also, remember that UW questions are harder than the real exam.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The answer to this is that you do more and more blocks so that you train yourself for the best time management.

Few tricks:

• If you see a question that is so hard and difficult to answer, just answer it as quickly as you can and mark it. Do not spend time trying to solve the dilemma.
  • Try to mark out hints from the question stem. For example; 45 year old patient brought to the emergency department because his wife found him unconscious on the ground. He had never experience similar episodes in the past. She did not notice any abnormal movements or incontinence. Physical examination was normal. ..... The green words above you can mark them with the higlighter (left mouse click) so if you ever need to read the question again you just look at the major points and no need to spend time reading the connector sentences.
  • If you are doing 50 questions blocks then this is wrong because the current exam is 44 questions per block.
You explained everything correctly but malstated the # of questions per block. There are 48 questions per block, 7 blocks = 336 questions total.

·
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
753 Posts
You explained everything correctly but malstated the # of questions per block. There are 48 questions per block, 7 blocks = 336 questions total.
Your numbers are absolutely correct regarding USMLE step 1 exam. But we are here in The CK forum.
In CK, there are 8 blocks each consists of 44 questions totalling 352 questions.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Woops, my apologies to Lee, I didn't even realize this was the Step 2 CK forum. I am just about finalizing my step 1 studies and quite frankly, I see little difference between Step 2 and Step 1!
:)

I hope this is a good thing.

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts