USMLE Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Answers

Thanks for the advice but

1) How does it help?

2) Can people without any steps but aiming to do it get register as well?
1) It helps by showing to program directors that you are devoted and active and willing to engage in the US health care system, also it's another point to mention in your ERAS application and the more you fill your ERAS application the better.
2) No, you have to be ECFMG certified before you can apply and application takes 4-8 weeks to complete after submission.

·
Registered
169 Posts
1-does i have to pay fees for registering at AMA?and if so it is annualy or what?
2-do i have to updated every now and then?
3-once i registered what is my duties to the membership?or it is only just a subscription just like ECFMG?

·
Registered
741 Posts
1-does i have to pay fees for registering at AMA?and if so it is annualy or what?
2-do i have to updated every now and then?
3-once i registered what is my duties to the membership?or it is only just a subscription just like ECFMG?
Click on the link posted by lee above and you'll find the answers to all these questions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I paid fee and its been 4 months now. Now when I login, I can see my account with my name. But when I go to see my membership, the URL doesn't work?
Am I member or its just the website account? BTW I was ECFMG certified when I applied for membership.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Being an AMA member also allows you submit abstracts for their meetings and such. Last year, ECFMG certified AMA members were also allowed to submit abstracts for poster or oral presentations at the National Research Symposium. I'm sure that getting picked to present would be a CV booster.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts