USMLE Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use BRS Path 4th ed for step studying? Of course Goljan is more complete but I find Goljan takes a long time to get through compared to BRS Path.

So any views on BRS Path? I know about the amazon.com reviews but many of them are fairly old and not relevant to the level of the Step 1 today.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I think BRS is enough...Goljan is too long.
I know 3 persons from my faculty who applied in June (after the new changes) & studied BRS Pathology....They got 99,99 & 90.

Goljan is a commercial name now...from Rapid Review to Falcon...May be to Kaplan next few years :happy:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see, what happened to the guy that got 90? LOL.

It just seems like most people study rapid review and theres no question rapid is more complete and teaches you more. But the issue is whether that extra material it teaches is worth reviewing and spending time on.

Like for example it teaches about Q-wave versus non Q-wave MI which is not even in BRS Path.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Do you think that books will get the 99 not you?
Oh...come on...this is the mistake that most IMG's think!! you who will get the mark not the books. Then why there are only app. 17 % of applicants who got 99 although most of applicants studies from same sources?!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts