USMLE Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone-i've been following this forum for awhile-i am currently a 4th semester medical student in mexico and our school makes us take kaplan review course during this time. we are about a month in to 2.5 months of live kaplan course (in path right now, but we've covered micro, immuno, physio, pharm thus far). this friday i'll be taking a kaplan simulated midterm that is 7 blocks of 50 qs. our school requires that we get a 60% on this test to get permitted to get signed off to take step 1. if we don't pass this test, we have 2 other chances to pass in late may with the same percentage. i am freaking out b/c for the past month we've had 7-8 hr days of lecture and then i've had to do questions from qbank afterward. i am not feeling super strong in path-and i realize its importance on this test-i am normally getting 55% on path only blocks. we have not yet covered all of it but will before the end of this coming week. my test is this friday and i'll have 1 free day off from class to review. any suggestions are appreciated-i am strong in micro pharm and immuno. i just don't want to burnout-right now i am feeling that way. i have completed 27% of the kaplan qbank and am also supplementing kaplan lectures with goljan listening at night. i just am worrisome that i am overdoing it-especially since this coming week i'll be in class 7-8 hrs daily and already know how i am going to feel on thursday. someone i know suggested i do an 8 hr simulated kaplan exam (made available to me on kaplan website) before i take the midterm test on friday. perhaps i should do it on thursday? either way i need to continue to develop a strong base in path-it's always been my weakest subject and after doing a number of 46 q simulated blocks on kaplan's qbank, it continues to give me problems. any help is appreciated-good luck to those who are studying for boards right now.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Maybe you want to consider doing Goljan audio or at least reviewing those path subjects that you find yourself weaker. Goljan speaks slowly, but you could use VLC player to fast-forward it and review part of it in your day off.
Suerte

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.