USMLE Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys i am a new newbie and planning to prepare for usmle and hoping to give step 1 next year. But when i hear from my friends that ppl scored 99 percentile in this exam my all confidence is gone...I m done with my graduation .... so plz tell me can an avg.medico clear this exam with gud scores? And how many hours it needs daily to clear the exam with good prospects:D.....Thnks in advance

·
Registered
69 Posts
of course you can! the most important thing is to believe in yourself. and no, i'm not just saying cliche motivational words, this forum is full of stories abt ppl who were even less than average students in med school yet studied hard and got 250+. the most important thing is to be persistent and to believe in yourself. Don't let ANYONE bring you down, and don't be affected by 'mass freakouts'. Even if you didn't study much in med school, start building foundation by watching kaplan videos and understanding all the concepts. then start doing FA and UW over and over. and do online NBME's every now and then to see your progress. good luck

Reactions: Man of Steel

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dint studied much in med school and my sole aim then was to clear the exam by studying in the last 2 3 months before exam so my avg percentage during is 60 percent only thats why i was lil bit doubtful :D....i can easily devote 10 to 12 hrs daily without any pbm now....This much hours daily with gud conc will be sufficient for this exam? I m sorry for asking such stupid questions but still its better to take suggestions from the experienced ppl here so just posted :))......Btw thnks for the reply:D

·
Registered
69 Posts
I dint studied much in med school and my sole aim then was to clear the exam by studying in the last 2 3 months before exam so my avg percentage during is 60 percent only thats why i was lil bit doubtful :D....i can easily devote 10 to 12 hrs daily without any pbm now....This much hours daily with gud conc will be sufficient for this exam? I m sorry for asking such stupid questions but still its better to take suggestions from the experienced ppl here so just posted :))......Btw thnks for the reply:D
everyone is different. so there isn't a specified period of time. but generally, if you're completely devoted to studying (not doing anything else on the side), 6 to 8 months should be more than enough to start from scratch and ace the exam. think of it this way: you slacked a bit in university and now it's time to prove to yourself that you're capable of much more than that, you owe it to yourself. keep your eyes on the target.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
everyone is different. so there isn't a specified period of time. but generally, if you're completely devoted to studying (not doing anything else on the side), 6 to 8 months should be more than enough to start from scratch and ace the exam. think of it this way: you slacked a bit in university and now it's time to prove to yourself that you're capable of much more than that, you owe it to yourself. keep your eyes on the target.
Thanks so much for the info Man.....:D:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts