USMLE Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iam an IMG from India.I passed step 1 with a score of 237.I failed in CK.Iam waiting for my CS result.Can any body please tell me that is there any chance to get into a Internal Medicine Residency If I get a score of 230 or above in my 2nd attempt of CK.I have 3 Observerships in US and 4 letter of recommendation all from US Doctors.Iam trying for 2016 Match

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think it's possible, but you are going to need to do better than 230 and have a darn good reason for what happened. The good news is that your step 1 is good and you might not be screened out automatically by some programs. Once they pull up your application though they are going to see a failure. Failing step 2 from my understanding is very bad. If you read the comments made by aprogdirector on the student doctor forums, (s)he specifically states that they place more emphasis on step 2 than step 1. I read recently somewhere that the average first time step 2ck score for US grads was 240 with a standard deviation of 18. You always read of people matching with a failure or low scores so it's possible, but I wouldn't take the exam until I was confident with a 250+ on 2ck. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts