USMLE Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here' s a mnemonic to remember the causes of gynecomastia commonly asked in USMLE:

SACKED

S = Spironolactone
A = Alcohol
C = Cimetidine
K = Ketocanazole
E = Estrogen
D = Digitalis

Under Estrogen you can also include cirrhosis (decrease metabolism), Old age (decreased testosterone), Klinefilter, and puberty.

It's important to remeber that both excessive testosterone (such as in athletes taking exogenous tables, or in testicular tumors) there will be feedback inhibition and ultimately decreased testicular testosterone production and gynecomastia. Also peripheral conversion of testosterone to estrogen by aromatase.

·
Registered
137 Posts
drugs causing Gynecomastia

Allow me to sound a little cheezy in this one..but its definitely helpful.

Men go to DISKCO drink alcohol and smoke Marijuana and check out women's breast to get Gynecomastia.

Di-digitalis
S-spironolactone
C-cimetidine
K-tetoconazoleh
alc-O-hol
Marijuana

hope it helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
new mnemonic

S=spirolactone
D=digitilis
A=alcohol
C=cimitidine
E= estrogen
G(k)=ketoconazole

"Some Drugs Acutely Cause Extreme Kynecomastia"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi...I have created new channel for healthy lifestyle and medical problems.....
in you tube askmeforadvice
In this channel I will keep uploading the important topics related to USMLE step 1 and USMLE step2 Ck
If anyone has any questions, please ask me, or if you want a video of any specific topic please let me know, I will be very glad to help you.

I can not post link here so if you are interested please email me at drdotbhaktic at gmaildotcom
I will send you the link or leave your email id here.

Thank You
All the best.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.