USMLE Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi comrades!
I'm a spanish medical graduate who finished med school in 2014. I took my step1 in 2012 having scored 212 and the ck and cs in 2014 having scored 240 in the ck and passed the cs on my first attempt. I also have 3 months of usce with good letters of recommendation and I'm going to take 2 more months of usce to try to improve my chances of Matching. Anyway I know that my scores are hardly good looking but what are my chances of Matching in 2016 for Internal Medicine and what can I do to improve them? I'm strongly considering taking the step3 and participate in some research in US but some people tell me that doesn't really matter much in my application and that I should try to take as many usce so that I can meet more program directors and try to stand out there.
What do you think?

Thanks for your help and good luck

David

·
Registered
471 Posts
I totally understand your concerns yet it's a bit early to estimate, what I have got to learn from my own experience is that the match process is unpredictable, and every applicant is unique, I know personally people with attempt that matched, low scores that got 10 IV, and who applied with only Step 1 and CS with a failed CK that got two IV so with that being said all the presumptuous thoughts you're going through won't change the end result that you will know next year.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can do it! Take step 3 and score high while doing hands-on US clinical rotations. That's the most you can do before interview season starts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts