USMLE Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was wondering if its possible to change the testing region from India to the US?? Help will be much appreciated, i have my exam in 5 weeks but i initally scheduled it in india, now i am in the US so is it possible and if so do i have to contact ecfmg or is it prometric?

· Registered
4 Posts
YEs you can.
I did it too.
Call the USMLE number. provide your ECFMG login number..hold for your turn....tell the person what you want to do....take their name....take the fax number from them....write the letter with your ECFMG is saying that you want to change region...make the from and to very clear....fax it with ATN Mr./Miss(name of person you spoke too)....fax it the same day as you called.....Call again that say or the next to reconfirm ...talk to that specific person.....they will process it....don't remember the time but its in weeks..i think 2......your extra money will be refunded to your ecfmg account for use in the next exam you take...you wont get cash or cheque..........end of story.
I had to go through a lot to find any info on the net...ppl misguided me so im sending a detailed reply.

· Registered
4 Posts
This is just a quick post because I couldnt find any info about this when i was looking.

I changed my region while there was less than 30 days left until my scheduled date and prometric didnt charge me. I only had to pay the $65 to ecfmg and request the region change. And then schedule a date with prometric once i got my new permit, and they didnt ask me for any extra fee's.

Note: I did however cancel my old appointment through prometric before applying for the region change. They didnt charge me then as well, even though there was less than 30 days...but from what i understood usually you have to call them and pay them $50 before you can usually reschedule a new date if you cancelled within the 30 days. However, after the region change i did NOT have to do that.

· Registered
108 Posts
This is just a quick post because I couldnt find any info about this when i was looking.

I changed my region while there was less than 30 days left until my scheduled date and prometric didnt charge me. I only had to pay the $65 to ecfmg and request the region change. And then schedule a date with prometric once i got my new permit, and they didnt ask me for any extra fee's.

Note: I did however cancel my old appointment through prometric before applying for the region change. They didnt charge me then as well, even though there was less than 30 days...but from what i understood usually you have to call them and pay them $50 before you can usually reschedule a new date if you cancelled within the 30 days. However, after the region change i did NOT have to do that.
i would definitely call them and check on this

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.