USMLE Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am preparing for CS. My test is scheduled for July 9th. I thought I would not need that much time for the CS but realized that I am still not 100%.
Anyway, in case I change the date I saw that the next available day is in Sept..which means I will not probably have a chance to match in 2012.
Can anyone giving me info about timetables. What's the last minute I can apply for the match...in case I pass and if I change for Sept.
Many thanks...

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
If you do the CS in September this means you won't get the results until October/November.

This means two options:
Either apply in September without the CS results (incomplete profile is not a good idea for an IMG)
Or wait until you get the CS results and apply late in November (late application is not a good idea for the IMG)

I suggest you try your best to attend your July date. But if you are not sure of yourself, don't take chances, failing the CS is also bad for your matching chances.

If you cannot take the exam in July. Then (due to the reasons I mentioned above) you'd probably have to wait for the next matching season.

Applying in September without the CS results and telling the programs that you will take the CS soon (you can mention that in ERAS) would probably get you some interviews but be mentally prepared that your chances won't be so good this year.

-

·
Registered
71 Posts
People think that by trying earlier...they would probably have better chances. This is a loser way to face this contest....because...it is really a contest indeed.
U better assure a PASS score on CS since this is the step u cannot obviate in the process. If u fail ...then u truly won't have an opportunity. Getting a pass score is first...so if u r not 100%...then u better do the necessary, even postpone it. Finally...the decision is not necesarily "approved-steps" based. It is interview based the most, and u guys...u know it ! Be confident. Life goes on and will goes on!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts