USMLE Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear friends,
I new in this forum and would like to ask some questions concerning CK & CS and I hope you can help me:

I have my extended eligiblilty period to take step 2 ck until 28th Feb 2011, but won't be able to make it. I have not schedule a date at the center prep, so should I contact ECFMG and let them know or let the date expire?

By the time I pay the fees again for step 2 CK, I don't have to submit the forms (186...) again, do I?

Concerning step 2 CS I still have to apply for it. But from what I understood I do have to submit forms (186) for this CS test. right?
My school transcript and diploma have been accepted end verified when I applied for step 1 and 2 CK. Do they have to do this again when I apply for CS? Or is this just a 1 verification?

Thank you for your time!

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Form 186 is valid for 5 years. You don't need to repeat it with any of your future exams (unless it's after more than 5 years).
Once your Diploma and transcript are certified then you are good to go and no need for any other documentation process with the ECFMG.

You don't need to inform the ECFMG about you not taking the exam. Also you don't need to inform the Prometric Center since you did not schedule date and so you are not reserving a spot that can be used by other candidates (in that case it would have been nice to call Prometric and cancel so that they give the seat to another candidate).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CS and CK

Form 186 is valid for 5 years. You don't need to repeat it with any of your future exams (unless it's after more than 5 years).
Once your Diploma and transcript are certified then you are good to go and no need for any other documentation process with the ECFMG.

You don't need to inform the ECFMG about you not taking the exam. Also you don't need to inform the Prometric Center since you did not schedule date and so you are not reserving a spot that can be used by other candidates (in that case it would have been nice to call Prometric and cancel so that they give the seat to another candidate).
So, even for CS I do not need another form? Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts