USMLE Forums banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Good luck waiting and while waiting, can you share how you felt the exam was? Nobody ever posts exam experiences on this kind of results thread anymore.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The first 3 blocks were like I was fighting Satan himself. Question were incredibly hard and vague. Barely finished each block with seconds to spare. The rest of the blocks felt easier but I still finished second before the timer expired. Used all my break time. Last person to leave the center.
Felt like Satan had won. I had done NBME 7 and thought that was hard but the exam was so much worse.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The first 3 blocks were like I was fighting Satan himself. Question were incredibly hard and vague. Barely finished each block with seconds to spare. The rest of the blocks felt easier but I still finished second before the timer expired. Used all my break time. Last person to leave the center.
Felt like Satan had won. I had done NBME 7 and thought that was hard but the exam was so much worse.
Exactly the same experience. Some questions were so ambiguous. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello Recent test takers,
I wish you luck,
Can you guys elaborate a little about your exam experience , I am going to take the test in a few weeks. Would love to hear from you guys?

Thanks...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I gave a brief account of what it was like. Questions were for the most part IM. Stems were looooong. And not 5-6 questions per block. 35-40 questions would be like short essays. :mad:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I gave a brief account of what it was like. Questions were for the most part IM. Stems were looooong. And not 5-6 questions per block. 35-40 questions would be like short essays. :mad:
Ohhh...Gee...Do you think Uworld and Mtb is good enough...Or were most concepts not from there?..:eek:

·
Registered
523 Posts
Hey All the best everyone !! IA all of u will pass with your desired score but plz do come back & let us know your exam experience !! Happy-2
Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Exam was exactly as everybody says - nothing like that u've done before. I personally did Kaplan\UW qbanks + NBME 7,6,4,3. I was hoping that I will feel more comfortable with questions after that, but no. The only advice for future takers - be confident in your knowlege. I mean - you have to know answers very clearly, so u'll be able to differ 2 very similar ones.
I found many resourses (kaplan\uw\nbme) very confusive in terms the presentation of similar information in different (often controversial) way. So the best way is to use one sourse of information. And I believe that either one is okay (MTB\Kaplan LN\ bla bla bla) if you know it from cover to cover. Another thing - DON'T read book again and again 1000 times. This way is conterproductive. Try to figure out unique things in every chapter, understand how u will differentiate between very similar clinical conditions.
All the best to everyone :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Good luck everybody!

Please be so kind and share your NBME and UWSA scores if you can, so we see which one was most predictive.

Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Gave my exam on 7 th July
Really this step is not an easy chunk like step 1 was
Many of my friends also had same bad feelings after the exams but in the end they gt pretty decent score
Hopefully same would be with us
Fingers crossed

·
Registered
53 Posts
Gave nbme 3 on 5 th May and got 189 (done with med only)
Ten days later uwsa 234
25th may nbme 4 223
24th June nbme 7 242
Here's d turning point 29 th June nbme 6 225
Fred free 78 %
So my sure which one to trust

1 - 20 of 90 Posts