USMLE Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in ECFMG application, they ask about clerkships that have been done. what do they mean by this? are the rotations i am taking as a part of my curriculum considered clerkships in this regard ?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Curricular Vs Extracurricular

what are curriculer & extra curricular clerkships?
Curricular means it's part of your medical school curriculum and it's a requirement that you need to fulfill in order to get the degree.
Extra curricular means that it's not a requirement and you volunteer to do it yourself.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi!
I'm new here.
I've read the application instructions and it's written there, " The term clinical clerkship refers to that period of your medical education in the clinical disciplines during which, as a medical student, you gained practical experience in hospitals or clinics through rotations, pregraduate internships, etc."
So, there is nothing about curriculum or extra curriculum. Any suggestions about this? I'm entirely confused. Please, help!

·
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
753 Posts
Am sure about this

Hi!
I'm new here.
I've read the application instructions and it's written there, " The term clinical clerkship refers to that period of your medical education in the clinical disciplines during which, as a medical student, you gained practical experience in hospitals or clinics through rotations, pregraduate internships, etc."
So, there is nothing about curriculum or extra curriculum. Any suggestions about this? I'm entirely confused. Please, help!
Yes, they mean those rotations that you "electively" do "outside" your curriculum. If it is in your curriculum it will be included in your medical school transcript and you should not mention it as "clerkship".
I have talked to the ECFMG agents particularly about this and they confirmed what am telling you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts