USMLE Forums banner

Cleveland Clinic Offer for Indian IMGs

15K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  khapats 
#1 ·
CLEVELAND CLINIC, OHIO TO OFFER
POST-MBBS TRAINING PROGRAM IN U.S. FOR MEDICAL GRADUATES OF INDIA​

Cleveland Clinic hase established a post-MBBS training program through Cleveland Clinic's Center for Graduate Medical Education. The program is intended to provide international medical graduates of lndia, selected by the Trust and Cleveland Clinic, with the opportunity to prepare for further, post-MBBS medical education in the United States with combined opportunities for research.

The post-MBBS training program is one year in length. The pilot cohort of trainees could begin as early as July 1, 2013, and complete the program on June 30, 2014. Cleveland Clinic faculty members will supervise during the
cohort's clinical observation and research, and will evaluate trainees. Upon completion, participants in the program will receive a certificate of participation.

The goal of the program is to enhance the knowledge and skills of the trainees to improve their chances of success in completing the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) Step 2 CS Certification. Training will also provide insights into the U.S. medical system, which will be helpful to trainees, if they subsequently pursue U.S. residency programs (although the program neither provides nor guarantees residency placement).
The program curriculum offers:
• Coursework regarding the principles of clinical research
• Participation in and mentorship in a research project
• Observation in actual clinical and research settings
• Participation in ongoing clinical conferences such as grand rounds and relevant departmental lectures/teaching series
• Attendance at personal and professional development workshops (including those offered at Cleveland Clinic Academy
• Participants may select from a number of online and live courses offered by the Center for Online Medical Education and Training (COMET) and the Center for Medical Education Research and Development Program
(CMERAD).
Participants will not have direct contact with patients (other than observing, e.g., on rounds, during procedures).

Applications will be submitted to Cleveland Clinic through the Dr. Nirmala Swami Charitable Trust.

Questions related to the program may be directed to info @ drnswami.org or meded @ ccf.org

Please type "Post-
MBBS Research Training Program" in the subject line.

Additional information is available on the Dr. Nirmala Swami Charitable Trust website at drnswami.org

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Hey Doc !!! Thanks for this info...
I had few queries for you to answer.

Firstly, I want to join for this program for next yr (2014-2015). When should I apply?
Secondly, what is the appx number of candidates likely to be selected?
Thirdly, I will be sponsoring myself with help from my Dad. So how should I fill up the "Financial Support" part?

Thanks once again.

#12 ·
The fees for the entire one year duration of the program are US$ 85,500.00 to Cleveland Clinic + Administrative charges by the Trust that range from $ 5,000.00 to $ 10,000.00 depending on the Visa Counseling etc. that needs to be done.

Reactions: docsdr
#14 ·
Cleveland Clinic Confirms Affiliation

Cut Paste This Link to Learn More:

portals.clevelandclinic.org/gme/Home/ArticleViewer/tabid/5922/ArticleId/46/Cleveland-Clinic-Offers-Post-MBBS-Training-Program-in-U-S-for-Medical-Graduates-of-India.aspx

Reactions: pnreddy
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.