USMLE Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 24-year-old sexually active woman presents for a routine visit. Two years ago she underwent an uncomplicated endometrial biopsy by dilatation and curettage (D&C). She also had an incomplete abortion 4 years previously, which required curettage to remove the residual placental tissue. That procedure too was done without complications. Given this history, she is at a higher risk of developing which condition?

A. Endometriosis
B. Adenomyosis
C. Tubo- ovarian abscess
D. Tubal pregnancy
E. Oophoritis

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The correct answer is D. Tubal pregnancy

Repeated D & C can lead to intrauterine scar formation (Asherman Syndrome), obliterating the uterine cavity. This can lead to infertility & ectopic pregnancy.

Adenomyosis might be an indication for curettage and is not a consequence of it.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes..... Usmle Consult step 1.

·
Registered
405 Posts
The correct answer is D. Tubal pregnancy

Repeated D & C can lead to intrauterine scar formation (Asherman Syndrome), obliterating the uterine cavity. This can lead to infertility & ectopic pregnancy.

Adenomyosis might be an indication for curettage and is not a consequence of it.
Thank you for this, i finally got something right! :D

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you a winner here in usmle-forums so that you got your USMLE Consult subscription? Or did you buy it? Or you have it offline?
Well i have recently joined this forum.... so i am not a winner. Hopefully will win it some day.....:notsure:

I have USMLE Consult App for iPhone.......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts