169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I finish the application and try to pay it asks me about

name on card
card no
address
expiry date

So 2 questions:

1- was it suppose to ask me about the 3 digit number on the card? VCC I guess?
2- was the address matter? i mean do i have to write it the same i write when apply to visa? cause i heard 2 things:

• if u right any info wrong ,visa company will hold your money for month then return it back
  • the bank Customer Service told me that sites are not allowed to access to my address and even to my name so it wouldn't matter what you write in the address

Can you help me

this is my first time to use visa over the internet and I don't want to waste the 920$

thanks

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Clarification about credit card payment online

The Card Verification Value (CVV) Code is not always asked for online. I guess the ECFMG specifically dropped that from the questions to make it easier for IMGs who usually have difficulties paying online.

As for the address,

This address and sometimes even the email and your telephone number is used by the MasterCard or Visa server to verifiy your identity. If the address or other contact data do not match the billing address of the card holder the transaction will not proceed and will fail.

So you need to put billing address of the "card holder", like if you are using your friend's card, you need to put his/her address.

Did I answer your questions :notsure:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes

but did you encounter anyone who enter wrong address info and the transaction did not proceed

it is just my first time for me and i am so freaked out cause if the first time is large amt like this

cause if i buy nbme form i will say it is ok cause it is just 45$ not 920$

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Clarification

I said, the transaction will be declined. This means that you will not lose the money, this means that nothing will happen, you just have to change the address to the correct address for the transaction to occur.

Yes, I've seen that myself, if I enter the address wrong, the transaction is usually declined.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts