USMLE Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep hearing 7 years. But am I correct in saying, that Step 1 and Step 2ck/cs are required for ECGMG certification.

And that Step 3 must be taken within 7 years, to make all the scores valid?

So lets say I take all steps within 7 years. will these scores now be valid indefinitely? or will they eventually expire? i ask, because i now realize that step 3 can be taken while still at my home country (US Residency not required).

I'm definitely taking my Step 1, 2ck+cs, and Step 3 all within the next year. But I before applying to residency programs in the States, I may decide to stay in the UK for an additional few years (not sure how long), but eventually apply to residency programs down the road.

I'm asking about the gap between the USMLE exams, and actually starting Residency in the States. Does it really matter? (as long as I'm working in my home country, and staying up to date with medicine?) or is the 7 year limit for this as well, or is there some other time limit that I'm unaware of? Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I keep hearing 7 years. But am I correct in saying, that Step 1 and Step 2ck/cs are required for ECGMG certification.

And that Step 3 must be taken within 7 years, to make all the scores valid?

So lets say I take all steps within 7 years. will these scores now be valid indefinitely? or will they eventually expire? i ask, because i now realize that step 3 can be taken while still at my home country (US Residency not required).

I'm definitely taking my Step 1, 2ck+cs, and Step 3 all within the next year. But I before applying to residency programs in the States, I may decide to stay in the UK for an additional few years (not sure how long), but eventually apply to residency programs down the road.

I'm asking about the gap between the USMLE exams, and actually starting Residency in the States. Does it really matter? (as long as I'm working in my home country, and staying up to date with medicine?) or is the 7 year limit for this as well, or is there some other time limit that I'm unaware of? Thanks.
Hey I have this same doubt! Since your post is 3 years old, I wonder what did you do eventually? Please someone answer the OP's post :( Do these scores expire even if they were all completed within the 7 year period?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts