USMLE Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He doesn't talk normally, he is not making much sense and he is just plain clowning around. It is such an important chapter and he is teaching it so poorly.
Its been 2 chapters and he is saying the same stuff. Na influx, K efflux. :mad:

Should I continue, will it get better? I am powering through them, forwarding every time he starts clowning, which is like 5 times in every video. So I am going through them fast enough.

p.s I enjoyed his internal medicine videos though.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
no, go for 2007 vids

i think cardiac physiology is taught by dr. wazir kudrat (kaplan 2010) , anyhow u better find the ones by dr wazir kudrat, he's great. dr conrad asy gup lagaii marha. although he is entertaining he doesnt make a concept in ur brain.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I can't believe some1 else thought the same as I did!

Don't skip those videos he fools around, but 1 week from now, you'll realize all the gibberish talk actually had some sense in it, especially the later chapters- endocrine etc.

You'll eventually find his videos more interesting than the guy who taught CVS & Resp.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Don't skip those videos he fools around, but 1 week from now, you'll realize all the gibberish talk actually had some sense in it, especially the later chapters- endocrine etc.

You'll eventually find his videos more interesting than the guy who taught CVS & Resp.
I am trying to look up torrents of videos by dr Wazir. If you have a link, could you plz pm me. Actually with dr.Fischer, the concepts do make sense, but he is very repetitive and slow and repetitive. did I mention repetitive? And all that goofing off is annoying. I dont think I will skip them, I am watching them in faster speed and forward a few seconds every time he starts off.:)

·
Registered
1,114 Posts

Are u sure. Fisher is a good guy but he talks about off side issues too much. We need concept not concert. I used his initial chapters on action potential and I read the endocrine notes without vedios becos I perfectly understand the vedios and able to answer endocrine questions so how can u conVince me to watch his vedio on endocrine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Are u sure. Fisher is a good guy but he talks about off side issues too much. We need concept not concert. I used his initial chapters on action potential and I read the endocrine notes without vedios becos I perfectly understand the vedios and able to answer endocrine questions so how can u conVince me to watch his vedio on endocrine.
Yeah true. he's a show man. His AP videos were trash.
If you understood Endocrine without the videos then you're good to go.
For me Endocrine & GI were my weakest points in physiology & they are the last chapters in Kaplan Physiology notes. I couldn't get past those chapters effectively, so his lectures were helpful.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
found dr.wazir's videos

I may try them a bit and decide which I want to follow. Any body who needs it , pm me for the link to the torrent. I am not uploading anything, but I will seed if I am free .

spreading the joy that is usmle :))

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Conrad Fischer is the most amazing medical lecturer in my opinion. Even though i agree with you on his efficiency on physiology. I don't recomend Kaplan on physio. Fischer is very funny and watchable once you know the topics so not so good for step1.
You'll love him in STEP2 videos

·
Registered
22 Posts
Conrad Fischer is the most amazing medical lecturer in my opinion. Even though i agree with you on his efficiency on physiology. I don't recomend Kaplan on physio. Fischer is very funny and watchable once you know the topics so not so good for step1.
You'll love him in STEP2 videos
Definitely one of the most amazing medical lecturers in the world! For cardiac physio, I put my trust in Dr. Najeeb! Even the cardio path section rocked!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts