USMLE Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have a patient with indirect inguinal hernia and you found part the intestine in the hernia what part would that be ?
Thank you step taker
Thanks

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Here's the explanation

Thouhg not sure you have to explain why u think like that ?
Simply, because it's the lower most part of the small intestine.
I mentioned am not sure at least. Better than just giving the answer and running away like some other members :))

·
Registered
77 Posts
so so funny !

Simply, because it's the lower most part of the small intestine.
I mentioned am not sure at least. Better than just giving the answer and running away like some other members :))
Is that exact explanation ?
Be mature, please !
Ileum being the lower most part of SI, then it could be the content of IIH ?
Could you plz use the better way of explanation ?
Thanks a lot !

·
Registered
187 Posts
Have a nice month, everyone!

Except for eponymus hernias (Littre --> Meckel's diverticulum; Amyand aka appendicocele --> appendix), it is rational to suppose that the content of an inguinal hernia is a segment of the lower part of the small intestine.

Ileum is the most probable candidate, because it lies low within the abdominal cavity and is not immobilized by peritoneum. Jejunum lies higher and, although it cannot be discarded as a potential content, I believe that the ileum is still more possible.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Content of indirect inguinal hernia

Hi everyone,

If the hernia was on the left side and you find part of the intestine in it most probably it Ilium

But if the hernia was on the right side then the part will be the sigmoid colon

As i believe

Any feedback
Thanks

·
Registered
919 Posts
You probably mean sigmoid on the left & ileum on the right. You 've got a point, here, nontheless.
:)) yes thank u. for a while i tot i had my left and right side all mixed up. small intestine (ileum) is more likely as also mentioned in kaplan anatomy notes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts