USMLE Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have understood the following - have i got right . tell me.

Read Uworld - all the questions and add some points to your First Aid book as and when needed .Or add pages to FA.
Then do the above again.
Use Kaplan's as your reference books and read once if you wish.

Now do the NBME's till you get the score close to what you want .
write strep 1
Keep it simple as above . Dont complicate it.

2 blocks will be tough the other 5 blocks will be easy . You can get the two tough blocks first, one after the other.

Patho and Physio and the other subjects is enough in Kaplan's seven books .

The last 70 pages in FA - read a few times . And on day before . No reading on day of exam.The biostatistics and ethics are enough in Kaplan's. Don't panic .

3-4 months full time studying . More if your pace is slower. Difficult to do in 2 months unless you just finished these subjects at med school .

I'd like to hear esp from those who have given the exam

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have understood the following - have i got right . tell me.

Read Uworld - all the questions and add some points to your First Aid book as and when needed .Or add pages to FA.
Then do the above again.
Use Kaplan's as your reference books and read once if you wish.

Now do the NBME's till you get the score close to what you want .
write strep 1
Keep it simple as above . Dont complicate it.

2 blocks will be tough the other 5 blocks will be easy . You can get the two tough blocks first, one after the other.

Patho and Physio and the other subjects is enough in Kaplan's seven books .

The last 70 pages in FA - read a few times . And on day before . No reading on day of exam.The biostatistics and ethics are enough in Kaplan's. Don't panic .

3-4 months full time studying . More if your pace is slower. Difficult to do in 2 months unless you just finished these subjects at med school .

I'd like to hear esp from those who have given the exam
You've got it right.
Only thing I disagree is kaplan is not really enough for biostats and ethics. I had tons of really weird questions from behav not from either kaplan or FA or uworld.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts