USMLE Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I registered for an afternoon session because there's no vacancy in the morning session and I had to take that opportunity as my eligibility came to an end.
My question, is that a big problem!
Everybody is telling it's a big mistake to take the afternoon session
Why is that?

·
Registered
37 Posts
not at all, it is just the same, just do the right thing, you will be graded as per you do, not by what time of the day it is , good luck, stop worrying start studying, take care

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's the list of disadvantages of the afternoon session:
1- You are not as fresh as the morning session and your cortisol is lower.
2- SPs are usually fed up by the end of the day and they may not be very cooperative.
3- Afternoon passing rates have been consistently lower than morning passing rates.

·
Registered
37 Posts
2- SPs are usually fed up by the end of the day and they may not be very cooperative.
3- Afternoon passing rates have been consistently lower than morning passing rates.
no don't scare a person with such beliefs, just do your best, no one can hurt, when you are right...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Taking CS in the afternoon...

Hello everyone!!

I got stuck with an appointment for the PM session, and I was wondering if it's so terrible. Will I be the only one there? Because I never see any PM open dates, only AM. Some help over here.. Pros and cons...? :confused: Also, I want to know if it's true that there are two shifts for the SPs, so that the ones of AM hours are not tired for the PM hours.

I'm not freaking out because my goal was to take it before the May change, and I've achieved it :eek:

Any input will be appreciated.

·
Registered
296 Posts
hi, congrats on securing a date!
yes the sps are two different sets, so no chance of sp fatigue. no i dont think you will be the other one, that will be VIP treatment, lol, seriously you wont be the only examinee. there are really no pros and cons, its the same exam, traffic may be different in the morning compared to afternoon, so sort that out. all the best

·
Registered
570 Posts
I got a friend who took it in the afternoon and she said it was great, because everything was on time and she got there after lunch and was smoothly...

That was on Atlanta, im taking mine at Philly 3PM ... im not even worry about it, just study Hard and practice A LOT and u will do good... =)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
LOL.

Stop scaring people.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.