USMLE Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys
do anybody knows when the cs exam is gonna be just typing ..ie no more writing allowed
on the website they say Mid 2011
any ideas??

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
The exact date is not yet known

It's not yet decided.

Probably they'll announce the exact date by the beginning of 2011.

·
Registered
127 Posts
CS typing

Im taking CS at the end of April, so i would like to know if I have to type my PN or not..Usmle.org still hasn't put out an exact date, as of yet...this is all I got from their website:

Step 2 CS examinees will be required to type patient notes on a computer beginning mid-2011
Currently, examinees taking the Step 2 Clinical Skills (CS) examination can handwrite or type (on a computer) the patient note that is completed after each patient encounter. Beginning in mid-2011, all examinees taking the Step 2 (CS) examination will be required to type the patient note. Examinees will not be permitted to handwrite the note, unless technical difficulties on the test day make the patient note typing program unavailable.

Does anyone know the exact date of the switch?
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I suggest you learn typing

They won't give you an exact date, because likely the date would be different from center to center as they need time to adapt.

Probably (am not sure) they'll be still allowing writing in April. But my personal advice on this, Learn how to type.

You gonna need to type when you start your residency, It's a good opportunity for you to learn how to type. You can do it in a couple of weeks. Don't get worry about it, just start learning and you'll find it very easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts