USMLE Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to First Aid, physical exam should be done in 3 to 5 minutes. But my question is how possible it is to get physical exam done in 3-5 minutes.

Let's take an example from Practice Case 1 (Chest pain) in FA, physical exam includes: Neck (JVD, carotid auscultation), CV (inspection, auscultation, palpation), pulmonary exam (auscultation, palpation, percussion), abdominal exam (auscultation, palpation, percussion), extremities (peripheral pulses, blood pressue in both arms, edema and cyanosis)

How quick it is needed to get all these PE done?

Can anyone please help me?

·
Registered
2 Posts
You don't need to do a detail exam. All you have to do is act like you are doing as long as you know how to carry yourself without being clumsy., you will finish the exam in short time.

Hope it helps. .

According to First Aid, physical exam should be done in 3 to 5 minutes. But my question is how possible it is to get physical exam done in 3-5 minutes.

Let's take an example from Practice Case 1 (Chest pain) in FA, physical exam includes: Neck (JVD, carotid auscultation), CV (inspection, auscultation, palpation), pulmonary exam (auscultation, palpation, percussion), abdominal exam (auscultation, palpation, percussion), extremities (peripheral pulses, blood pressue in both arms, edema and cyanosis)

How quick it is needed to get all these PE done?

Can anyone please help me?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts