USMLE Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any IMG ever matched in NYU...does nobody know of any one who's ever got in there.....
if they have a research experience and good scores is it possible....
or it never takes IMGs ever? :notsure:

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
NYU is an AMG-only club

There's no IMG ever in the history of New York University has ever matched with them in any specialty.

This is an AMG-only club my dear and you should not think of it at all. To substantiate what am saying have a look at this page http://www.med.nyu.edu/registrar/clinical/matchlist2007.html you can see nobody is from overseas, they are all AMGs.

But IMGs can go there for electives, an IMG can get matched in Brookdale Hospital, that hospital sends their residents to NYU for electives during the second year of residency.

·
Banned
55 Posts
img in nyu

There's no IMG ever in the history of New York University has ever matched with them in any specialty.

This is an AMG-only club my dear and you should not think of it at all. To substantiate what am saying have a look at this page http://www.med.nyu.edu/registrar/clinical/matchlist2007.html you can see nobody is from overseas, they are all AMGs.

But IMGs can go there for electives, an IMG can get matched in Brookdale Hospital, that hospital sends their residents to NYU for electives during the second year of residency.
i personally know of an img who has gotton into nyu..of course he had 99 through all steps and had outstanding results ...but i guess
thre has been some one there first
so y not be the second:))

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
If you are not satisfied

But the list you provided is for the 2007 class only!!
Which it includes PGY1 and PGY2, so that's a complete two years list and not a single IMG is there.

If you are not satisfied yet, have a look here
http://emergency.med.nyu.edu/news/2008/front-page-news-2
That's a list of EM residents and once again you'll never see a single IMG.

My dear, NYU is well known here in USA that it does not accept IMGs outrightly and without any doubt about this fact. Their coordinator filters out all IMG ERAS applicants up front, no discussion about it.

NYU is even a dream for AMGs! They strive to match in it. Manhattan is the most expensive place in united states and certainly it has one of the most prestigious universities in the whole land.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
okay that's sad :(....one of my friends matched there for fellowship...after doing residency in USA....she's a IMG on J1 so I was thinking probably its like that for residency also....that it's possible :rolleyes:....but I guess not :toosad:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
One is a pretty old IMG; he did basic research in the US for almost 7yrs. His step 1 score was somewhere around 90%.

·
Registered
15 Posts
couple of my friends matched in Ny although internal medicine but their score were around 225, so yes you can, but it depends on step scores and also which speciality are you seeking

1 - 13 of 13 Posts