1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello. I got 255 in CK before taking step1.
I used FA Q book, Kaplan's q-book, Kaplan's Q bank (on-line), UW q bank, some pre-test series.
I've been working as a physician, so I started studying for CK first.
I guess, threre is no major disadvantage to begin from step2 CK.
You should start from your familiar topic.

Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi taku, so you didn't do any reading of non-question sources? e.g. like mtb or first aid, goljan or kaplan lecture notes?

Do you think the pretest series helped or if I stick to kaplan qbook, kaplan online qbank and uw, would that be good? I didn't hear so much on the first aid question book, is that the Q&A from many years ago?

Thank you for the sharing of assurance! :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi taku, so you didn't do any reading of non-question sources? e.g. like mtb or first aid, goljan or kaplan lecture notes?

Do you think the pretest series helped or if I stick to kaplan qbook, kaplan online qbank and uw, would that be good? I didn't hear so much on the first aid question book, is that the Q&A from many years ago?

Thank you for the sharing of assurance! :)
Are you IMG? student or doctor?
If you have graduated a few yrs ago, I recommend to start from Step2 CK.

iI that the Q&A from many years ago?=Yes.

And Pre-test series were relatively good, If you have enough time, you can do Qs in these books, especially in your weak points.

Because I've already graduated med school and studied clinical subjects (for the license in my own country), First, I started doing Kaplan's Q book. Of course, I read some textbooks simultaneously, but My major study was doing as many Qs as I can. I also have done Kaplan's simulated Qs and UW's simulated Qs, and NBMEs. I didn't read mtb=what is it?/ goljan/kaplan lecture notes, before starting any Qs. I reffered my country's textbook everytime I had unclear or unfamiliar things.

Regards,

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks taku, yes I'm IMG 5th year student, not practicing. MTBs=master the boards by conrad fischer. It seems very popular for many but it's really an outline format that doesn't give too much depth without background knowledge.

Do you remember the pretest books you used? There is one for each CK subject + family medicine, neurology and emergency medicine that is available.

What was your country's textbook :p

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey kingscurious,
Im a 5th year final year student too and in the same boat. So how did you finally decide to go about your prep? I need a plan real bad :I

1 - 6 of 6 Posts