USMLE Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Sabio...
I am new at this forum and this was a great article...

Although after completing my USMLE registration and getting ECFMG # I downloaded forms 344 and 345...
and also 187...

However, I am unable to get form 186

Where can I get that from?

Please help...

Thank You...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
question

hey sabio,
Thanx for the prompt reply...n no i haven't paid the fees as yet...
I have completed my medicine from another country and now wanting to go bk home.
Kindly let me know the following:
1) is it possible for me to complete all USMLE documentation without giving a tentative date for taking step1?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
No

hey sabio,
Thanx for the prompt reply...n no i haven't paid the fees as yet...
I have completed my medicine from another country and now wanting to go bk home.
Kindly let me know the following:
1) is it possible for me to complete all USMLE documentation without giving a tentative date for taking step1?
No, you can't complete your application and documentation unless you choose an eligibility period.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
contd..
2) how long does the whole procedure of registration take?
3) credential verification takes alot of time n so is my presence in da country (of my college) needed for that?
Finally cant i finish all the paperwork before i give a date (triplicate) for the test?
Thankyou...

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Answers

contd..
2) how long does the whole procedure of registration take?
3) credential verification takes alot of time n so is my presence in da country (of my college) needed for that?
Finally cant i finish all the paperwork before i give a date (triplicate) for the test?
Thankyou...
- Procedure time varies considerably from country to country, college to college, time of the year, individual circumstances, ..etc generally speaking 1 to 6 months.
- You don't need to be in the country of your graduation school, you can send them your papers and you don't need to be physically there.
- You can't get an eligibility period (scheduling permit) before finishing your Form 186 and credentials verification.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so when during my ecfmg registration i give my date to be sept-nov 2011 it isint da final eligibility period coz i am yet to send all da documents?
A final date shall only be given after gettin form 186 right?

N thanx a tonne for clarifyin my doubts...

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
so when during my ecfmg registration i give my date to be sept-nov 2011 it isint da final eligibility period coz i am yet to send all da documents?
A final date shall only be given after gettin form 186 right?

N thanx a tonne for clarifyin my doubts...
The final date is chosen by you when you get your scheduling permit (three months eligibility period). When you get that, you go to Prometric website and choose a date in that period, did I answer your question?

·
Registered
433 Posts
does this mean...

so this means i have to pay the exam fees in order to proceed with the certification process...plz confirm as i want to know should i pay first or i can simply send them papers and after certification i pay the money

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
so this means i have to pay the exam fees in order to proceed with the certification process...plz confirm as i want to know should i pay first or i can simply send them papers and after certification i pay the money
Yes. You have to pay before proceeding with the certification process. (that's a new rule that they rolled out few months ago).

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
more queries...

hey steptaker..
yes u did answer my queries... :)
so NOW i need to send
form 187
form 344
form 345
all credentials
all documents required
AND AND
pay $780 exam fees (even before i have decided on a exam date)
and also pay a surcharge of $120 (for the country i wanna take exam in)
Thus in total i need to pay $920 along with the above requirements even before i decide on when i want to take the exam?
I have given my eligibility period as sept-nov 2011 (but what if my credentials are not verified by then?)

thanx for being such a great help...

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
They will be verified

Your credentials will be verified 9 months from now! I know nobody who took more than 6 months to finish the verification process.

So you should be fine and you'll do it.

Come back here to this thread when you get status verified so that our members benefit from your experience with the ECFMG.

Good luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts