USMLE Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everybody
I 'v applied on line to get ECFMG No. 2 weeks ago ,but i didn't get a response from them, i am sure that i gave them the contact e-mail in right way.
please,tell me what should i do now

best regards

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Check your junk folder or call them

There's two possibilities here:

Either their email has gone into your junk folder and deleted accidentally.

Or

There system server had some problem at the time you applied.

In either case, I suggest you call them and ask for a solution. Do NOT apply again. Because if they figure out that you already have a number with them they may put you in trouble.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi everybody
I 'v applied on line to get ECFMG No. 2 weeks ago ,but i didn't get a response from them, i am sure that i gave them the contact e-mail in right way.
please,tell me what should i do now

best regards
Hi, the ecfmg had my form since early april, and yesterday I finally got an email from them saying how they have looked at the paper part of my appilcation and it is ok, now they are looking at the online part and it should take a few more weeks. I guess they are really busy. Try contacting them or just wait it out like I did.

Good luck

DrRX8

·
Registered
919 Posts
yeah after submitting my paper part, i havent heard from them in more than 2 weeks too. but i think they mentioned somewhere that this part might take a few weeks. this is the slow part rite? i mean the online part was only 5 days on the dot.

so when do i contact them (call them)? i should wait out another 2 weeks u think?:notsure:

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Wait for six weeks

yeah after submitting my paper part, i havent heard from them in more than 2 weeks too. but i think they mentioned somewhere that this part might take a few weeks. this is the slow part rite? i mean the online part was only 5 days on the dot.

so when do i contact them (call them)? i should wait out another 2 weeks u think?:notsure:
If Six Weeks pass after the "receipt" of your documents in ECFMG then it's wise to call them.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
The mailer should tell you

ok but how do i know that they have received my paper documents? will they email me to inform me or inform the school or will it be in my IWA status?:notsure:
If you or your medical school did not use a tracking system to get notified by the mail courier then you only chance is to estimate how it takes for a "regular mail" to reach from your medical school to ECFMG.
Speaking of this, I know many students who have got their "regular" mail lost along the way and they had to send it again via a certified mail or courier such as FedEx, DHL, and others.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts