USMLE Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read somewhere that from this year on, The number of questions got reduced to less than 300 ( including all blocks ). Can anyone who took the test this year tell me if it is true ? If not, is there any change in the test at all?
Thanks a lot for your time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes the questions have decreased to less than 280. Maximum of 40 questions per block. Some blocks may have less than 40 qs. Time is same 1 hr per block. The questions have a bit longer stems but are of same difficulty level as uworld and nbmes. The preparation is also the same. Only have to adjust your timing according to the number of questions in each block. Results are also delayed for a while due to this change. But the score supposedly shall b similar to before the change. Best of luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello to everyone :)
I have one more question to all of those who sat the exam after May 9th (in addition to what shoaib123 said - and thankyou veery much fir the info:) )
Were the questions more "clinical" compared to what you had seen during your preparation? In other words would like to have more clinical experience before you had taken the test?

·
Registered
21 Posts
The questions have a bit longer stems but are of same difficulty level as uworld and nbmes.
haha I don't know about that man. I did really well on uworld but got crushed in the actual exam lol
I guess the difficulty level is adjust for. Cuz in the nbmes form 15 was easy and 16 was quite difficult but i had the exact same score in both of them. So i think if u got difficult questions on ur test date u will still score the same as ur nbmes becuz other people who had those questions would also be unable to solve them. Its basically a competitie exam.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello to everyone

I have one more question to all of those who sat the exam after May 9th (in addition to what shoaib123 said - and thankyou veery much fir the info
)
Were the questions more "clinical" compared to what you had seen during your preparation? In other words would like to have more clinical experience before you had taken the test?
No u need to focus on ur basics for step 1 exam. The clinical questions were similar to uworld. In which they give a scenario and then ask the question from basics. For example a disease is described with symptoms but the diagnosis is also given in the stem. They mostly ask the pathogenesis or the physiology behind it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No u need to focus on ur basics for step 1 exam. The clinical questions were similar to uworld. In which they give a scenario and then ask the question from basics. For example a disease is described with symptoms but the diagnosis is also given in the stem. They mostly ask the pathogenesis or the physiology behind it.
Thankyou very much !! ??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts