USMLE Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My last name in the Diploma doesn't match that of the passport as my name in diploma is my third name and in passport is the surname.

I got a certification paper from our embassy that the holder of both names are the same person and I certified it from the ministry of foreign affairs, is it enough or I should do more proof from the dean of my college as it is easy for me to reach my college?

Any help any body has same problem or experience?
thank you

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Bad news ...

Am afraid that the proof you got stating you are the same person is not enough.

I personally have know several friends who suffered from this issue.

The ECFMG repeatedly stressed that your names should exactly match in all your documents including (medical school transcript, diploma, government issued IDs such as the passport).

You have to make them matching. Such as by asking your medical school to change the name in your Diploma and produce a new one matching with your passport.

However, to be sure. I suggest you contact the ECFMG and tell them of the proof that you have in hand and see what would they tell. Although, I highly doubt that they'll accept your certified proof of "different names, same person".

·
Registered
97 Posts
i had the same issue and it was resolved when i sent a letter addressed from my medical school to ecfmg with my documents stating the above mentioned names are the same person

hope that helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts