USMLE Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have average scores in my steps, and I could not clear step 3.........now when I am applying for 2011 match do I need to reveal this information in my common application form???????????or can I simply forward it stating I am ECFMG certified and be silent on the step 3 status???????????????

As I fear with my average scores step 3 status might be a major drawback???????
thanks in advance

·
Registered
741 Posts
Advice

In ERAS, you will be requested to answer this question?
Do you want your USMLE Transcripts to be released to programs?

You have to answer YES to that question in order to get a chance with programs.

Once you say yes, the entire history of your attempts will become available to them and you cannot hide it.

In your CAF, it doesn't matter whether you mention your Step 3 attempt or not, because they know that already from your USMLE transcript status.

I suggest you be honest and tell them the truth. Because if for any reason they realize that you tried to hide information then you are doomed and black listed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does programs know automatically?

Do I have to inform progs/ ERAS about my Step 3 results? I passed step 3 today. When I looked into ERAS, this information neither appear in application section nor I see it in application tracking. I am confused...Do I have to inform each program that my step 3 results are out?

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Do I have to inform progs/ ERAS about my Step 3 results? I passed step 3 today. When I looked into ERAS, this information neither appear in application section nor I see it in application tracking. I am confused...Do I have to inform each program that my step 3 results are out?
If you said YES in ERAS about "USMLE Score release" then yes all programs will get to know your new Step 3 results, but I suggest you also contact them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts