public research in my home country
2003 graduation, need j1 visa
:(:confused:

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Am sorry to tell you that your chances are very low
second CS attempt cannot be erased from your CV
Can I ask you how did you prepare for CS?

your scores are also low

·
Registered
741 Posts
Hopefully you will pass the CS this time
and hopefully you'll get some replies
even if you don't you still have the scramble
you never know you may get a call in the last minute
pray to God and things will be good

Just in case you don't get matched this (God forbid) then you tremendously increase your chances for the next year

Do Step 3 and get high scores
Do 2 months USCE, anything even if it is observership
Get good American LORs

Am sure you can make it

·
Registered
58 Posts
rasheed,

"Just in case you don't get matched this (God forbid) then you tremendously increase your chances for the next year"

do u mean to say increase?! i dunno know much about the matching process. pls explain how ur chances increase next year. is it because you may do more USCE or research etc and improve ur cv?

·
Registered
741 Posts
rasheed,

"Just in case you don't get matched this (God forbid) then you tremendously increase your chances for the next year"

do u mean to say increase?! i dunno know much about the matching process. pls explain how ur chances increase next year. is it because you may do more USCE or research etc and improve ur cv?
Yes, when fail a match you can boost your applications for the next year. Like by doing more USCE, research, LORs, Externships, etc.

Of course there's the disadvantage of getting one year older but that can be offset with these measures

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.