USMLE Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I start the thread today, in the hope that this gives me the inspiration to keep going on, at a steady pace throughout the MLE journey.

Things done so far: Kaplan videos- anat, physio, Parts of Immuno, Behav Science, Some path (hope to finish them soon), most of Goljan.
And i still need to get done with pharm.

I have some exams next month, for which i'll be taking a break, before resuming the Step 1 prep again.

Day 1: (today- target)
Renal Pathology: Kaplan and RR

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Haisook: Thanks!

Day 1 review:

Spent almost the entire day looking out for electives.
UTMB will not accept me, UMass will not.
Got so disheartened that wasnt able to concentrate.
Is the entire elective process as random as it is made out to be?

Did only RR renal path- but, shaky, will need a revision again.
Today: complete Kaplan Renal today, along with BRS and Robbins Questions.

And then, get back to preparing for school exams again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, I always had a problem with Coronary arteries.
And today, i sat down and made sure i understood them cold.

A useful resource that i used http://www.radiologyassistant.nl/en/48275120e2ed5.

Pro tip 1: If you know, u've been getting a question wrong, sit down and make sure you get it right. DO whatever it takes to understand it, and presto! that one thing doesnt nag you anymore, and prevents the panic attack that accompanies seeing a question on the subject.

Well, so, for the past few days, i've been looking up flashcards, randomly testing myself. There is not much time to have a full fledged preparation.

And i've been considering an exam postponing. That might just make me more comfortable with the material.

@Haisook:
Doing all of that took 20 days in total.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Something that always gets me scared is when people mention that they had questions that sounded weird: something they hadnt heard of before.
Now, i do know, that, some of those are experimental blah! blah! : but, it stil gets me scared.
I'm a long way to go before i give the exam, but then, i guess its better that one starts preparing the mind ASAP. For eg: i just found out that my mind goes blind (yeah!) and blank, when i have <10s left on the timer, and a long question stem to do.

And i need to train myself on it.

I do hope to post regularly, atleast once/twice a week during my prep stage, that will be intermixed with my medical school studies.

But for now, exams are nearing.
Wish me luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I need to be more efficient.

And i really NEED to learn how to stay away from distractions.

These months are going to be very crucial. And i'm going to make use of every
bit of time that i get.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.