USMLE Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ...

Yesterday I did my exam ...it was not so bad
Before the exam I did only FA and FA Q AND A + only 950 to 1000 of the UW bank.
1 month of serious study without question time.

I think FA covers it all except certain subjects
It's not as hard as UW questions ...
There were many gross pathology images ... and slides and radiology, its not hard at all really . anyone can do it
Time is enough u may even have extra time in some blocks
Study more immunology ... I faced many many questions
No difficult biochemistry enzymes
Pharma ..... focus on mechanisms and principles
No strange psychiatry questions like step 2
Anatomy .....radiology MRI and CT ...plus some simple questions
Ethics .... straight foward
Molecular and some genetics was really hard in some questions ... I think no body can answer it
Micro .... FA ... don't kill yourself memorizing 1 million virus family I did not see any question asking about them
Embryo .......... fa is more more than enough
Alot of pathophysio .... fa is v good
wish me good score :eek:

wish u all good luck like

:happy:

·
Registered
234 Posts
thanks for sharing ur experience. do u think FA , u world and a good revision of nbme Qs is good enough for the exam. what about the so called graphs does the above cover them well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thumb

thank u all for your support
^In fact I didn't do NBME in step 1 or 2 ..... so I don't know much about it but its always a good idea if u do more questions
^I think FA and UW is enough ...
^About the graphs I saw like 2 only they were easy
^You have to study immuno hard with good understanding
^Also study brain stem diagrams and dermatomes
^About the exam pattern I think it remain the same ... clinically oriented with a lot of imaging study

thank u all again
good luck :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
thanks for sharing.

thanks for sharing your experience. I hope you get good score.
but I have a question: In exam can we use a piece of paper for calculate something for example statistic problems or ...???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thumb

thank u friend
no man .... u cant sure
u have only the calculate in the system .... that's it

·
Registered
3,316 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
hey thanks for sharing

good luck with the results. do keep us updated.

were u the one who said u only had one month and u were going to squeeze everything in just a month? this is amazing. so for a whole month u did nothing but studying. what u did is just great!! way to go!

so FA was enough for u? u didnt touch kaplan or do the kaplan q book at least? and the questions u attempted at the usmle were similar to UW then? so which means u would recommend doing the UW online bank then?

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Of course not

Thanks for sharing.
do they repeat past year qns?
Not only they don't repeat past year questions but they even don't repeat same day questions. If you and your friend take the exam in the same center at the same and sit next to each other you won't have the same questions.
The bank from which the USMLE brings questions from is estimated to be in Millions of questions that are constantly updated and changed every day.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey

Ya I recommend FA and UW bank very much
They don't repeat much questions BUT the question ideas remain the same u have to understand the concept
I encourage every one to focus in immunology in details.
I also did step 2 in one month also... but without the question time which as u know took a lot of time like another one month , without touching Kaplan and I got 92, of course if u want higher score u have 2 study them :))
by the way in my Prometric exam center no paper allowed 4 calculation they took everything except my passport and permit .......!

Wish u all the best :rolleyes:

·
Registered
42 Posts
suggestion for step 2ck

Ya I recommend FA and UW bank very much
They don't repeat much questions BUT the question ideas remain the same u have to understand the concept
I encourage every one to focus in immunology in details.
I also did step 2 in one month also... but without the question time which as u know took a lot of time like another one month , without touching Kaplan and I got 92, of course if u want higher score u have 2 study them :))
by the way in my Prometric exam center no paper allowed 4 calculation they took everything except my passport and permit .......!

Wish u all the best :rolleyes:
hey,what would u suggest one should read for step 2 ck..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts